Sunday, January 2, 2011

10 period films

On these cold winter days, I love to pull out my favorite films to watch over and over. I always find a new architectural detail, a beautiful fireplace mantel, a window seat, the perfect paint color, period hardware, panelled doors or shutters that are inspiration for my own home, books or design projects. These are my top 10:

1. Out of Africa
2. French Lieutenants Woman
3. Bright Star
4. Becoming Jane
5. Pride and Prejudice(2005)
6. The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
7. Mrs. Miniver
8. Sense and Sensibility
9. Mr.Blandings Builds his Dream House
10.Cranford

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tricia,
    I love your list of movies
    I had forgotten about the Ghost and Mrs Muir sooo good
    2 more I would add to the list are
    The Illusionist and Kate and Leapold
    both newer movies but wonderful
    Happy New Year
    Pam

    ReplyDelete